A while back (November of 2010 actually – Yikes!) a colleague of mine wrote a blog entitled “Deliverability – Are You Getting into the Inbox?” Recently, as I was skimming through past blogs I came across this piece and wanted to re-post and reiterate some points. These fundamentals of email marketing will simply never become outdated…and although they may seem elementary it never hurts to brush up on the basics.
Don’t forget these few simple facts mentioned in the blog that will help to improve your overall email deliverability:
- Ensure your emails are authenticated
- Use an opt-in process to practice permission based sending
- Cleanse your list of hard bounces properly and on a regular basis
- Use welcome emails to engage your users and build reputation
- Incorporate relevant content that enhances mailer quality
Check out the past post for more details.
Author & Editor: Caitlin Durand